Eyebrows: a step by step guide to the perfect shape
Perfect eyebrows have not been in the spotlight for a long time, but this trend is for sure essential in emphasizing your features naturally. I gathered some steps that you should take in shaping your eyebrows that I hope will help you achieve the look you wish for. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to reach out in the comments section. Here we go:
- Tweeze your eyebrows after a hot shower, in that way the pores will be open, and the process will be less painful. Sanitize your eyebrow shaping tools before each use.
- Clean your eyebrows with micellar water to prevent irritation. (try Garnier Micellar Water).
- If you’re not sure what brow-shape is suited for you, find a professional that can give your eyebrows the right shape to avoid brows disaster and over-plugging. It’s not a secret that nothing transforms a face like the shape of your eyebrows. One of the best methods for shaping your eyebrows is Golden Ration. This technique involves establishing three precise points (on the brow): one that lies on an imaginary line running vertically through the middle of the nostril; the High Point on the eyebrow arch, which can be found on a line connecting the tip of the nose to the center of the iris; and finally, the point that lies on a line running through the edge of the corresponding nostril through the outer edge of the eye.
- In case you decide to do it yourself, start with brushing your eyebrows with a makeup spoolie and use a pencil to mark the eyebrow key points according to the technique mentioned earlier. Start by plucking the end of the brow. To get the most painless pluck, tweeze in direction of hair growth. After, make sure to calm any irritation and tighten pores, by applying a cooling gel or lotion. If you have some sparse spots, you can fill in by using a brow pencil in a shade that matches your natural brow color on those areas and then combing through with a clear brow gel. Start in the middle of your brow and continue to the end. Use a lighter shade at the front of the brow, and bolder strokes at the tail. Make sure to blend with a spoolie. I recommend using Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz, a more accessible alternative is Elf Cosmetics Lift Brow Pencil.
- To make sure your brows stay put all day, or if you want to get a “bushy eyebrows” effect use a gel or apply a little hairspray on spoolie and brush your hairs up.
Check out this article about some of my best beauty purchases.
‘Till next time,